As of March 31, 2012, the Niagara River Greenway Commission has deemed
116 projects consistent with the Plan with a total project value of
$735,695,156 of which $34,825,153 has been funded with Niagara River
To continue and
advance the state's commitment to the preservation, enhancement and
development of the world-renowned scenic, natural, historic, cultural
and recreational resources of the Niagara River Greenway Commission
while continuing to emphasize economic development activities and
remaining consistent with the tradition of municipal home rule.
- PROJECT REVIEW
The Niagara River
The Commission shall develop a plan and generic environmental impact statement for the creation of the Niagara River Greenway that will...
- Designate the specific boundaries of the Greenway.
- Create an inventory of existing park and other lands under the jurisdiction of the state, public corporations and municipalities.
- Identify other lands that can contribute to the purposes of the Greenway.
- Recommend how the Greenway could be linked to upland and interior communities in order to promote linkages to the River.
- Evaluate how economic development activities in proximity to the Greenway can support and complement the Greenway.
- Recommend cooperative efforts with the Province of Ontario and Nation of Canada.
- Identify sources of funding.
- Identify the ways for the Commission to work with municipal, state, and federal agencies, public and private corporations, not-for -profit organizations and private property owners and interests.
- Make recommendations for the on-going operation and maintenance of the Greenway.
Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3 pm
Place to be determined
2018 Schedule of Meetings
Buffalo & Erie County
Greenway Fund Standing Committee
- Grant Schedule 2018
and Project Review